Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 17: Sunday Brat

I woke up as a big bad brat today and demanded to be out in the city. Heard of the free entrance to the Terracotta Warriors at the Asian Civilization Museum following its last day of the exhibition so off we went. Glad I finally got to step into a museum in Singapore and see these:

The only replica in the exhibit

One of the thousands others in Xian where the Terracotta Warriors were found. He's the general.
I went to Beijing and Shanghai years before and have felt I  missed out by not going to Xian.
Glad I finally got see at least a portion of the Terracotta Warriors and it's free!
Had a slight headache after walking in the dark.
We chanced upon IndoChine Resto on the side of the museum and finally got to chill out on this lovely place by the water without breaking our wallet thru an enjoyable banana split shared for two ;)
After Ice Cream, we walked around Boat Quay to choose amongst the restos near the water's edge for dinner. Nothing caught our fancy so we decided to walk on the other less touristy side further to the water. Just as we were about to give up and decide on Mickey D's, Thai Smile Cafe appeared!
I've read about this cafe in HungryGoWhere and recollect eating here once while I was working in the city.  Mel and I ordered chicken pandan, tom yum,  fish with mango sauce and soft shell crab with glass noodles.
Everything was YUMMY! What a lovely way to end the weekend!

If there's one thing I got to realize on this day, it was that I'm with someone who is really patient, understanding and kind. I'm the luckiest brat in the whole world =) 
I hope I can also be as patient, as understanding, and as kind as this someone deserves nothing less =)

No comments:

Post a Comment