Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Return of the Comeback

I'm staring at a blinking Christmas tree with a lazy bum, wandering mind, and a laptop on my lap. As always is the case, I end up watching survivor philippines and when that was done, started surfing the net for some showbiz news. It's been quiet in the showbiz world lately after the rhian-mo and kc-piolo brouhaha so there was not much to read. Boring. All of a sudden, I remember.
I have a blog!
A blog I've forgotten for nearly 2 months. I went back and started to read. Oh the goodness of that October writefest challenge! I certainly captured key aspects of my mind that month.
November and most of December has passed. What happened?
Lots.
My mind is already half sleepy and I think my bladder is about to burst so let me lay it out in small bursts as I remember:

  • After my HK trip, I spent a few days at work to clean up from where I left off, spent a holiday in SG doing I can't remember what then flew back to Manila
  • My Manila trip was hectic as usual. My sole purpose to go back was to finally get to see my condo, have it turned over, and get it ready to be furnished. I spent a lot of days just walking around malls looking for inspiration, speaking to potential suppliers and a designer, etc. Given time constraints, I decided to go for an interior designer my friend has recommended. I cut up pictures of things I liked to find in the house and then pasted it in a cartolina then handed it over to the designer. After this, lots of November and December was spent going back and forth via mail on what colors to choose, what designs to approve, what windows to install, etc. I would have loved to do this in a slower pace but the timing was just not there. At this stage, I have no regrets. The designers were pretty cool and so patient with someone like me. More postings about this topic later...I'll move on.
  • Attended my sister's fab party on a boat! I have in turn handed her, her first LV! Yipeee!
  • Started to do a bit of Christmas shopping...I think I should have started earlier but it's not too bad, I've got just a handful of gifts left to buy
  • Helped organize the team's Bring Your Kids to Work Day, Christmas picture frame tree. Attended the Kitchen Challenge, Pinoy Christmas party, the big Dutch boss' memorable farewell party, etc. More pics on this later too!
  • Organized a cosy bridal shower for my dear friend Tegs in Flutes at the Fort. I'm glad the girls had lots of fun. Yes, there will be pics later too!
  • Got a great rating at work, my vp promotion, and a regional leadership award. I'm super blessed!
  • I've got to learn about one great news and two not so great news about someone close to me. Not gonna share but all's nearly well...
  • Mel and I have brought up our first Christmas tree! Woot! Woot! Pics again!
  • Returned back to running. Slow start but ok I guess - Solomon trail run and Standard Chartered - both 10ks
  • And oh yeah. This was supposed to be a blog about my studies in HK, right? I sent my first personal report of which I think I overdid. I hope I dont get penalized for writing down almost 6000 words instead of the required 3000. I am weird! There are two more papers due of which I have dutifully not started preps on. I think I'd be busy with this the next coming days after Christmas...and before and during my next HK trip this Jan.
Certain things come to mind...
Despite the blessings...I missed out on Simbang Gabi this year. I was way too busy with too much office related activities that it just did not fall into place. I hope I get to make this up somehow.

Health seems to be an issue in general. Not just with me but with people I know. Health's wealth, they say. I think health is that core ingredient we all need to live our lives fully. I hope there's less flu for all and a miracle for some.

What more to say? I miss my old blog where years and years of writing was flushed down the toilet after friendster evolved into a gaming website. Really now? Ugh! 
Moving on...I'll still do my annual year ender review to give myself a chance to reflect on the year that has been. I'll do that later when my bladder is less full and I'm more awake.
That's it for now. Not a bad catch up, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment