Monday, March 5, 2012

My First Home

I first laid eyes on a DMCI condo project through my friend, Kristine. The DMCI condos appealed to me as they were not too expensive, not too congested (mid-rise), and filled with trees (resort like).

Years after, I was strolling in SM MegaMall and then chanced upon the Cedar Crest project (http://cedarcrestdmci.com/). It was even better than what I had imagined...everything about it matched my taste: the colors, the atmosphere. I proceeded with the purchase Jan 2009. 

It was finally handed over to me December 2011, 6 months earlier than the target handover date of May 2012. I enlisted the assistance of an interior decorator, Design District Manila and got them to help me furnish the place. 

Below are some of the pictures last January. The finishing works continue till today. I'll be going home this coming May to put up the final touches then voila, home sweet home =)




After Pictures


Shipped a 40 inch Smart TV but the TV is stuck in customs as the shipper had legal problems. Oh well!
Ottoman doubles as a cabinet to store magazines, newspapers, etc so it's clutter free. All furnishings were custom made from cutouts I found in the magazines.

'
I like the concept of mixed chairs - bench, bench with back, and 2 single chairs


Mirror shelving - my designer's idea


I wanted a sofa bed for the small bedroom. I had it designed with a pullout to accommodate guests should they stay over =)


My favorite! My balcony!!!! I like the greens so I made sure the balcony had lots of it. The balcony is nearly the size of the kitchen and living room - exactly the way I want it =)






No comments:

Post a Comment