Saturday, October 1, 2011

The October Write Fest Challenge - Day 1

I have not yet shared this blog to anyone else. Too early. There is nothing to read! YET.

I love to write in general but I find that I'm struggling now. I'm out of practice talking to myself and writing anything other than office mail so to address this, I'm creating my own challenge, the October Write Fest Challenge! It won't be too different from other blog writing challenges you see out there. Basically, I'd try to create at least one entry in my blog for each day in October.

At the end of the challenge, Day 31 (October 31), I'll share this currently private blog to my close friends and make it finally known. Such drama but it is sounding at least like a plan! It's so like me to need a target to keep going ;)


My Day 1 entry is just going to be a plan of what I have in mind to write. Here are some topics that comes to mind:

1) My 107 fitness challenge - As I said, I love challenges and here I am with another one! I started my fitness challenge last September  26 and I'm now in Day 4 of my Fitness Challenge. So far, no such luck in losing weight but I've been: a) drinking lots of water b) going to the gym - 2 so far with cardio and weights. My fitness challenge involves losing 1 pound every 4 days. If I do meet this target, I'd be weighing 107 pounds by Nov 5. Go figure how heavy I am at the moment. Did you really try to compute that? Of course, you didn't. Don't!

2) My parent's upcoming visit - Dad's bday is on October 4 and Mom and Dad will arrive in SG from Manila evening of October 3 in time for his birthday. I plan to take a couple of days off to spend some time with them. Hopefully it gives me time to write and document some of our adventures together until they leave on October 13


3) My plans for my new apartment - Woot! Woot! Finally, a place to call my own, however far. I am hoping to go back to Manila and facilitate the handover of my 2 bedroom condo in Cedar Crest, Taguig. It should be quite an adventure trying to buy a bit of furniture for the place. I don't plan to spruce it up much as I won't be staying there. I'd like to at least fit in some sofa, dining table, and bed for my parents to stay in over the weekends. 


4) Travel - I haven't travelled much this year but I plan to sneak in some quick trip to some ASEAN country on of these October weekends with my friend, Wena. Hopefully I'd have some pics and stories to share later on

5) Financial Planning - The economy nowadays is so gruesome. I'd like to spend a bit of time trying to plan my finances. I'm quite archaic when it comes to this so I wish to do something about it.  I plan to tackle basic stuff like budgeting and allocating funds to match my goals (yeah, i'm being nagged told to do this)

6) HK Studies - If all plans push thru, I should be able to share my student adventures when I kick off my studies on October 28. Finally I get to see lovely Hongkong after a few years of staying out of it.


There you go. My Day 1 entry. Not too bad, I'd say. I didn't spend much time structuring my thoughts or censoring what I share so it was quick and dirty. Let's leave the deep thoughts to later when I actually have some deep thought to shares. Right now, I fail to achieve such depth =P 

No comments:

Post a Comment